- The Program is operated by LQ Management L.L.C. ("LA QUINTA"), for La Quinta Inns™ and La Quinta Inn & Suites™. Interpretation, application and enforcement of the Program's terms and conditions, including resolution of any disputes arising as a result of the Program, is at the sole discretion of LA QUINTA™.
- By participating in La Quinta Returns™ (the "program"), the member agrees to the terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the program. Each member is responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the terms and conditions.
- LA QUINTA reserves the right to disqualify members who have violated any of the terms and conditions or any applicable law. In addition to discontinuance of membership in La Quinta Returns, LA QUINTA shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
- LA QUINTA reserves the right to change or terminate the program, including these terms and conditions, at any time with or without notice to you. In the event that the program is terminated, all unused points will be canceled and void. If the program is terminated, reward certificates will be honored through their expiration date.
- The awarding of La Quinta Returns points or airline miles/credits and the redemption of La Quinta Returns free night certificates are void where prohibited by law.
- Members who do not have any stay activity within an 18-month consecutive period may be removed from the program and all accrued points will be forfeited.
- Membership in La Quinta Returns, including points, miles or any reward certificates that may have been issued to a member, will be revoked or suspended at the sole discretion of LA QUINTA if a member fails to pay any hotel bills or accounts when due, or is considered by LA QUINTA as an undesirable guest.
- A stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same hotel, even if intermittent check-in/check-out events occur.
- The La Quinta Returns program does not govern or have authority to set or alter room rates or other charges, except as may be made available through specific offers from time to time. This includes additional charges for room upgrades, additional guests occupying the same room, and any/all other conditions as set forth by specific properties and/or rate plans.
- All terms and conditions stated herein are effective as of February 4, 2009, and supersede any previous terms and conditions.
- La Quinta™, La Quinta Inns & Suites™, La Quinta Returns™, and La Quinta logos are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark office and are the property of LQ Worldwide, L.L.C. The La Quinta Returns logo is a trademark of LQ Worldwide, L.L.C.
- Any customer who is at least 18 years of age is eligible for membership in the La Quinta Returns program.
- LA QUINTA employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the La Quinta Returns program.
- Each La Quinta Returns member may maintain only one membership account.
- Membership in the La Quinta Returns program is available to individuals. Corporations, groups and/or associated entities may not enroll as La Quinta Returns members, nor collect points for multiple travelers into a single account (pool).
- It is the member's responsibility to comply with his/her company policy concerning travel programs.
- Membership in La Quinta Returns is free.
- The La Quinta Returns program includes three levels of membership: Silver, Gold and Elite. Members enroll at the Silver level and are eligible to upgrade to Gold status upon completing 10 qualifying nights in a calendar year; and are eligible to upgrade to Elite status upon completing 25 qualifying nights in a calendar year.
- Once earned, Gold and Elite status is valid through the end of the calendar year following the year in which status was earned. (For example, upgrade status earned in March 2009 will be valid until December 31, 2010.)
PROGRAM POINTS AND AIRLINE MILES/CREDITS
- The program currency is La Quinta Returns points, which represent value earned by the respective member account. To ensure points are automatically posted to the member's account, members must provide a La Quinta Returns membership number at check-in.
- La Quinta Returns points have no fixed value, may not be redeemed for cash, and are not transferable.
- The transfer of rewards or other La Quinta Returns benefits for value (whether by sale or exchange of goods or services) by a member is prohibited.
- Any points, certificates or benefits which LA QUINTA deems to have been sold, transferred or assigned in violation of these terms and conditions may be canceled or confiscated.
- Points will not be issued for rooms rented when using free night rewards or certificates.
- Members earn 10 base points per dollar spent on eligible room rates. Rates that are eligible to earn La Quinta Returns points are most rates available to the general public, including Best Available Rates, AAA and AARP, and most corporate discount rates, excluding transportation and contract crew and deep-discount rates.
- In lieu of earning La Quinta Returns points for eligible stays, members who are also enrolled in our airline partners' frequent flyer programs may elect to earn airline miles/credits. Eligible rates to receive airline miles/credits per stay in the La Quinta Returns program are most rates available to the general public, including Best Available Rates, AAA and AARP. Members must select at time of check-in to earn airline miles/credits OR La Quinta Returns points for that stay, and must provide their airline program membership number and La Quinta Returns member number.
- Members may receive credit for up to three rooms per stay that are booked under their La Quinta Returns membership number, provided that the member stays and occupies a room during the visit and is paying for the additional rooms. Additional rooms paid by direct bill do not apply as being "paid" by the member.
- Incidental expenses such as taxes, movies and phone calls are not eligible for earning La Quinta Returns points.
- A 20% tier bonus will be issued on base points earned for members in the Gold tier, and a 30% tier bonus will be issued on base points earned for members in the Elite tier.
- After upgrading to the next member tier, a member will earn points at the new tier rate beginning on their next visit to LA QUINTA.
- La Quinta Returns points and rewards earned through participation in La Quinta Returns may be subject to tax liability. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of LA QUINTA points or rewards is the responsibility of the member.
- Reservations booked through third-party Web sites, i.e., Hotels.com, etc., may not be eligible to receive La Quinta Returns points.
- Points will not be earned for any stays that were completed prior to the member's enrollment date as shown in our records. No retroactive credit will be given.
- No other person except the member may earn points for his/her account. Points for a room shared by more than one La Quinta Returns member will only be awarded to one member.
- Points will be posted to accounts following check-out; allow at least 72 hours for the posting of points to appear in accounts.
- The terms and conditions of the airline programs control the redemption and distribution of frequent flyer program mileage credit.
- La Quinta Returns and its partners have the right to change, limit, modify or cancel program rules, regulations, rewards and reward levels at any time with or without notice to members. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing levels or number of points received per $1 spent on room revenue or required for a reward, changing the types of rewards, adding blackout dates, limiting rooms available for a reward at any participating hotel and changing locations served by LA QUINTA. In the event that any of these conditions occur, members may not be able to obtain certain rewards.
- The Guaranteed Availability service allows Elite members to book one (1) standard room when a hotel is otherwise sold out provided members make and guarantee a reservation at least 48 hours prior to date of arrival (30-day advance notice is required for Special Events) at the BAR room rate (Best Available Rate). Free night rewards may not be used to reserve rooms under this guarantee. The Guaranteed Availability service may not be available in extreme circumstances, including during periods following natural disasters.
- La Quinta Returns points may be redeemed for rewards online at LQ.com or by calling 1-800-RETURNS (1-800-738-8767). Only members whose name is listed on the account may redeem rewards with points from their respective account. Reward requests from all other non-authorized parties, including hotel staff, will not be honored.
- Rewards are subject to availability. Conditions or restrictions specified by the providing company, sponsor or promoter will be observed.
- LA QUINTA is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for changes or discontinuances of rewards or the availability of such rewards.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended or shall be construed to establish any partnership or joint venture relationship between LA QUINTA and its rewards sponsors and promoters.
- LA QUINTA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or expired reward gift cards/certificates.
- In the event a reward gift card/certificate is not used prior to expiration, it will not be re-issued nor will points be credited back to the member's account.
- La Quinta Returns free night rewards are valid for standard room(s), are subject to availability, and require advance reservations on LQ.com or through the La Quinta Returns Service Center. Free night rewards cannot be requested through the hotels. Once check-in has occurred, paid nights cannot be converted to free nights. Each hotel has a specific number of rooms available for the use of free night rewards. Certain properties may also have specific blackout dates for free night rewards.
- Free Night Rewards require the redemption of a minimum of 6,000 La Quinta Returns points at most hotels; select properties may require a higher minimum point redemption. The amount of points required by each hotel is based on that hotel's "Tier" category as indicated on LQ.com. Members may use a reward of lesser tier value than required by the specific hotel; however, an Upgrade charge per hotel tier level difference will apply. Upgrade charges are not eligible to earn La Quinta Returns points or airline miles/credits. Gold and Elite member's room upgrades do not apply to hotel tier upgrades.
- In the event a member makes a free night reward reservation and then does not check in for the reward stay and does not cancel the reservation in accordance with the hotel's cancellation policy, the La Quinta Returns points redeemed for that stay will not be reinstated and the member's account will not be reimbursed.
GIFT CARDS & CERTIFICATES
- Gift cards and certificates are fulfilled by Hallmark Insights™. Hallmark Insights is not affiliated with LQ Management L.L.C. or any participating retailers. All registered trademarks are the property of their respective retailers.
- Gift Cards/Certificates:
- Cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Expired, lost, or stolen gift certificates cannot be reissued.
- Are fulfilled to the address supplied on the award redemption form. Hallmark Insights will not be responsible for lost certificates as a result of non-delivery due to incorrect or illegible addresses or other occurrences outside of our control. Title and risk of loss shall pass to the purchaser upon deposit in the US Mail or with Federal Express.
- Gift cards/certificates are only valid in the US, Puerto Rico or Canada as allowed by merchant. Gift certificates are not valid at international locations.
- La Quinta Returns points may be earned at any La Quinta Inn or La Quinta Inn & Suites location.
- Account combinations for members of the same household are available but will only be completed upon member request.
- In order to apprise our members of their membership status as well as new benefits that are available to you as a member of La Quinta Returns, LA QUINTA may from time to time send you certain program information, including printed or e-mail marketing materials, which will inform you of special offers and products we believe would be of interest to you, and marketing materials from third parties that have a strategic marketing relationship with the La Quinta Returns program.
- By enrolling in the La Quinta Returns program, you are deemed to have consented to receive all of the kinds of information described above. However, members who wish to opt out of mailings from La Quinta and its strategic partners may do so by contacting the La Quinta Returns Service Center at 1-800-RETURNS (1-800-738-8767).
© 2009 LQ Management L.L.C.