The La Quinta Inn Oceanside was recently named a 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner!
NEW! Samsung Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.
The La Quinta Inn San Diego - Oceanside is located in sunny Oceanside, CA near several area beaches, museums, and other attractions.
This hotel offers...see more a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM and business center. All rooms are non-smoking and feature free high-speed Internet access, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, spacious work desk, and cable television. Special group rates are available, and pets are welcome.
Located just 30-miles North of San Diego, the La Quinta Inn San Diego - Oceanside is a convenient and comfortable hotel for both business and leisure travelers.see less
Amenities & Services
Free Bright Side Breakfast
Free Wireless High-Speed Internet Access
Free Local Calls
Guest Laundry Facilities
Free Bright Side Breakfast®
Hot and cold cereal
Bread and muffins
All-you-can-drink coffee and juice
Additional Breakfast Items:
Biscuits and Gravy
15,000 La Quinta Returns points for a free night stay.
Not a member? Join Now
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
Guest Room Amenities
NEW! Samsung Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming
Plug-and-Play TV feature makes it simple to connect electronics
Free wireless high-speed Internet access
Microwave in all rooms
Refrigerator in all rooms
Premium Cable Channels
Iron with Ironing Board
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
Most Recent Reviews:
"Awful breakfast, but great hotel location"
Reviewed Apr 22, 2014
alexandero744 | Watkinsville, Georgia, USA
MY EXPECTATIONS: Needed a comfy and affordable place near enough to Temecula for a couple of days, and wanted a top-floor room to take in the fresh sea breeze and ocean view. MY REALITY: Got everything but an ocean-view room, i.e. b/c all guest room windows were on the side of the hotel building, so the only ocean-front view you can get is at the end of the hallway or stairwell. Also, at night I kept my window open, but the traffic noise below really spoiled the experience. The following morning, I was really let down by the poorly designed breakfast nook--you could've reached over to the table *next* to yours without having to get up off your chair--as well as the hard biscuits, paper-thin strips of bacon, and (don't laugh) *hard-boiled* eggs. (My previous La Quinta Inn experience in Richmond, VA offered up breakfast items such as Jimmy Dean sausage patties, scrambled eggs, fresh citrus and bananas, and assortment of fresh (not watered-down) fruit juices, including orange, apple, and pomegranate, not to mention a spacious breakfast room.) I decided after that awful breakfast experience to shop for groceries for my next day's breakfast. CONCLUSION: Good price at a great location, but you should avoid breakfast. Instead, go and buy groceries--you have a fridge and microwave oven in the rooms.
I have been staying here for years, everyone who works here, knows me. The staff go out of their way to help you, they are amazing. This is a great place to stay, within walking distance to so many places like, the beach, restaurants, mini markets, souvenir shops. I also love the fact that they accept animals here and don't charge you a fee. If you want a place to stay this is it, tell them Judy sent you.
"Great customer service and clean rooms and property!!"
Reviewed Apr 17, 2014
leolaniw | Mesquite, Nevada
We stayed here because we could take our dog.
1. The rooms are super clean for being a doggy motel. There was no sign of other dogs ever staying in my room. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room.
2. Yes it is next to a strip club but you would not know it except for the discreet sign, it was quiet there and no one was ever outside of it saw one guy smoking outside and that's it.
3. The customer service was excellent. Our car broke down about an hour after we checked in barely got it back to motel. The front desk guy (Erickson) went up and above to get us a list of auto repair services in the area. He researched them off of Yelp ( which I always do) and came up with a list of 5 places. Erickson, we went with Bills Complete Automotive and he was great I would recommend him to you as well even though I know you got your guy in Escondido. (Just to let you know it was our water pump and he fixed it in two hours for a reasonable price) Thanks for being so calm and helpful during my almost melt down stressful situation it was much appreciated.
4. Because our car broke down the first day we were so close to the beach and the shops and restaurants we were able to walk to all so the place is in a great location.
5. The free breakfast was great it had hard boiled eggs, make yourself waffles, biscuits and gravy , bacon one day and sausage the next, cold and hot cereal, pastries, bagel and cream cheese, toast, fruit, yogurt, coffee, and juice. there's probably a few more items I am forgetting.
6. Flat screen tv with direct Tv
Will definitely stay here again if ever in the area. Obviously you can stay in nicer places at a higher rate. This was great for the price and because I could take my dog. It was clean and had great customer service, pretty much my criteria.
Conveniently located to all attractions shops and the beach. You definitely get what you pay for and the price was reasonable especially due to the locality. Very clean rooms and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
I usually stay at either an Omni or a La Quinta and I'm always surprised at how much more helpful the La Quinta staff are. I had a clean room, the staff were incredibly helpful, and my stay went as well as could be.
Oceanside Welcome Center (Across the Street),
Nearby Sports & Recreation
Qualcomm Stadium (San Diego Chargers),
Ty?s Burger House,
Joe?s Crab Shack,
Jolly Roger Restaurant,
Entertainment & Shopping
Plaza Camino Shopping Center,
Carlsbad Company Stores,
Local Time: 1:20 PM (Pacific)
Local Temperature: 72.2°F 5-day Forecast
Whether you're traveling on business, a leisure getaway, or a family vacation, La Quinta has the right hotel accommodations for you. Take advantage of free Internet access, free breakfast, and comfy beds offered at La Quinta Inns & Suites. You'll find the best rates online, the widest variety of room options, the most reliable hotel info, and more on LQ.com. Thank you for considering La Quinta Inns & Suites for your hotel travel plans!