Welcome to the brand new La Quinta Inn & Suites Leesville Ft. Polk, LA. This Leesville hotel has easy access off of Highway 171 at the entrance road of Fort Polk military base. Come experience our warm southern hospitality in our hotel featuring pillow top mattresses, luxurious linens, 37" HD flat screen televisions with HD channels and HDMI compatibility.
You'll find plenty to do wheth...see moreer visiting historic Downtown Leesville or hiking in one of the nearby state or national parks. After a long day, unwind in our fitness center or outdoor pool, stay in with touch family or friends with free wired or wireless internet.
Take advantage of business center for printing those last minute changes to your documents. Start your day off right with our free Bright Side Breakfast featuring "Make your Own Waffles".
Our Leesville hotel is the ideal place to stay for your trip into Leesville Ft. Polk, with many surrounding restaurants and attractions.see less
Amenities & Services
Free Bright Side Breakfast
Free Wireless High-Speed Internet Access
Free High-Speed Internet Access
Free Local Calls
Meeting Facilities Available
Bright Side Market
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Free Bright Side Breakfast®
Hard Boiled Eggs
Hot and Cold Cereal
Additional Breakfast Items:
11,000 La Quinta Returns points for a free night stay.
Not a member? Join Now
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
Guest Room Amenities
Free high-speed wireless Internet access in all rooms
Free high-speed Internet access in all rooms
Microwave in all rooms
Refrigerator in all rooms
Premium Cable Channels
Iron with Ironing Board
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
Most Recent Reviews:
"Where to stay if you are Contracting at Fort Polk"
Reviewed Jun 13, 2013
Steven W | Austin, Texas
First, I stayed at the Hampton down the road and it was not a good location for my Contracting work. The La Quinta Inn has Excellent Staff, an excellent Breakfast, the pool is outstanding, the location is right in front of the main gate so you can be on post in 1 minute and bypass any traffic you would encounter further into Leesville. Right now from June 2013 to Sept 2013 there will be major road construction on 171 from their Super Walmart down to the enterance of Fort Polk. That effects all the businesses on the strip outside of Fort Polk and is on major headache of taking much longer to get on post. The Enterance road right outside of the main gate where La Quinta is located is not effected leaving on and off post travel easy and bypassing the hw 171 headaches or delays. In short, La Quinta's location is perfect for contracting work on Fort Polk and people giving the Hampton good reviews just have not stayed at La Quinta to know any better because once they got in Leesville, they did not shop around, they just took what was booked for them without doing any solid leg work. I have done the leg work- to save money and be more effective at my job and it is La Quinta above the Holiday Inn and lastly the Hampton with a poor location and being $20+ more a night with less features to the customer / businessman.
Internet access is fast and outstanding with wireless set at 4 to 5 bars for emails and office contracting work. Also there are 2 large monitor computers in the lobby with free printing if you need to print off work related paperwork. There is no wait or charges to use them- great customer service. Great work support for a businessman or my contracting work.
The rooms are great. If you are in contracting, bring a HDMI or monitor cable for your laptop to use their 32"+ screen TV's as a work monitor for presentations. Very good air conditions that can bring the room down to cold ( 60's) for a good nights sleep. The bathroom was outstanding with real shower heads that give actual great water pressure- the Hampton's were not. The layout was better than the Hamptons as well. La Quinta actually had available rooms on the first floor during a heavy work week due to the large size of their floors.
Hands down the best Hotel in Fort Polk if you do Contracting work on base or don't need the headaches of all the road construction on HW 171 right in front of the Hampton to get rocks and tar on your rental car. There is a gas station 100 yards away and a Subway, KFC, Mcdonalds within a mile of it with no traffic issues or waiting issues. The security at the Hotel is excellent and there is no problems of any kind for safety values. They allow pets / pet friendly people.
If management had not been so friendly and apologetic for the problems experienced, the rating would have been "terrible". In our case, construction debris remained on the shelf in the closet and housekeeping "forgot" to clean the room before our second night. However, the management's positive response has greatly improved my overall TripAdvisor rating.
Other problems, which were not a focus of discussions with management, was the loose toilet seat and lack of drinking glasses or even plastic cups (only paper coffee cups are provided in the room).
The construction crew finished the bathrooms with unevenly slopped caulking on the floors and walls. (This does not affect the comfort of the spacious rooms and nice furniture, but it leaves a visual image that an "eye to detail" was lacking.)
The new rooms and furniture are very nice and the rooms are spacious. The breakfast was
La Quinta "standard" fare. The breakfast area was kept clean and the food was replenished by a very pro-active, friendly employee.
I am in a suite with a kitchenette for one week. The lady on the phone who reserved the room thinks this room has a stovetop, but
- There is no stovetop in the kitchenette
- There are no dishes, glasses, flatware, dishsoap or even a garbage can (this is the first suite with kitchenette I've stayed at ever that does not have the things you need in order to use the kitchenette)
- In fact, there aren't even any shelves in the cabinets.
- They don't honor your request to have a quiet room. Just frustrating because I need to get some work done. Why can't I be at the other end of the hall? Why?? Why?? Why??
- Instead, they clump guests together when the hotel is near empty. It is a true joy to be up until 2:30am listening to the neighbor's TV and up at 6:30am listening to the kids upstairs running and jumping on their floor/my ceiling. I love listening to that banging ALL DAY LONG and feeling it shake the sofa I am sitting on or the desk I am trying to work at.
- They allow pool parties at 4:30am. Terrible to wake to such noise on a weeknight when you have to work in the morning. The lady at the desk said there are no hours of operation, it is open 24/7, when I called. I'm on the third floor and not even above the pool. They were loud.
- Apparently, there is no noise policy either.
- There is a fan in the bathroom, but no way to turn it on. One of the other guests said his doesn't have a switch either.
- HEALTH ISSUES: If you have asthma, stay clear of this place. I have a rescue inhaler that I have to use maybe once every month or two. I've used it multiple times daily here. There are a lot of chemical smells in the air and it is so humid. You can't air out the room after a shower, the fan doesn't have to switch to turn it on and the windows don't open. The sweat from my cup sat on the side table for over a day before it evaporated!
- It appears clean because it is new, but just take a look at the floor around the edges. There is a lot of dirt and I'm in the most expensive room which is probably rented the least amount. There are a ton of stains on the carpet in the hall. I mean come on ... just shampoo that carpet and clean it up!
- NO HOT WATER. ... Well, there is but you literally have to run the water 8-10 minutes before it gets to your room. It's not just this room, other guests complained about it at breakfast.
- the elevator is scary and a saw a guest taking the stairs saying they don't like the rattling noises the elevator makes. It does make a lot of noise.
- The maids keep marking my room as dnd (do not disturb) on their clipboard. On day three of my stay, in my frustration for needing fresh towels, I walked down the hall to ask them to serve my room. The girls were sitting in a guest room talking. I stood outside over 10 minutes listening to them gab before I got bored with it. I went in and asked for them to bring me towels. The girl said it was a good thing that I came down because they were just getting ready to leave in a half hour. I asked why they didn't clean my room and she looked at her clipboard to tell me I have the dnd sign on the door. I don't.
TIPS IF YOU STAY HERE:
- bring ear plugs. For a new hotel, the walls are paper thin.
- bring dishes if you need to actually use the microwave in the kitchenette
- bring your inhaler if you have or ever had asthma
- be sure to go get the maid to turn your room if it approaches 2:30pm and they have not come.
- get the toilet paper before you sit on the toilet. True story ... the toilet paper is sat on the sink which is more than an arm's length away. There is no toilet paper holder on the wall next to the toilet.
If I ever have to come back to Leesville, LA I will stay at a different hotel.
On a positive note, the room is large and sunny. The black out curtains are great if you want to sleep, but the noise is terrible. The staff is nice, but they all say the exact same thing ... I'm sorry about that. That is a great suggestion. I'll let the manager know. It's hardly sincere when different people say the exact same thing.
Hotel opened 12/31/2012. Rooms are very nice with comfortable beds. Good Internet access. A/C worked fine. The bathroom door opens out into the "foyer" of the room so be really careful if you need to get up during the night. There was no full-length mirror which is unusual.
Management and staff are very friendly. I was surprised that there was apparently only one person working from Friday evening until Monday morning. It makes it very difficult to handle requests/problems since she really cannot leave the front desk.
Hot water (rather, the lack thereof) is definitely an issue. Not sure what the problem is but they had not found a solution as of the last weekend in April. This is certainly an issue to be addressed.
Breakfast selections were good. No Orange Juice on Sunday morning at 8 AM. According to the lady working that area, "the soldiers drank all of it". Another problem that should be addressed.
Hotel is the closest to Ft Polk entrance. There is a McDonald's across the street. This is much nicer than any hotel in DeRidder and the drive to and from DeRidder is easy.
This hotel was very new and clean. No pet fee's, and 100 percent no smoking. Beds were comfortable. Clean rooms. Great breakfast. They even prepared it 2 hours early so we could get out early. Could not have been nicer.
Local Time: 7:54 AM (Central)
Local Temperature: 71°F 5-day Forecast
Whether you're traveling on business, a leisure getaway, or a family vacation, La Quinta has the right hotel accommodations for you. Take advantage of free Internet access, free breakfast, and comfy beds offered at La Quinta Inns & Suites. You'll find the best rates online, the widest variety of room options, the most reliable hotel info, and more on LQ.com.
Thank you for considering La Quinta Inns & Suites for your hotel travel plans!