The La Quinta Inn Queens (New York City) was recently named a 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner!
Enjoy spectacular city views and easy access to New York City's finest attractions at the La Quinta Inn Queens (New York City). Centrally located within 3 miles of Time Square, the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center/Radio City Music Hall, and La Guardia Airport, this new La Quinta is a c...see moreonvenient and affordable solution for any type of traveler. Each elegantly furnished guest room features free high-speed Internet access, a refrigerator, coffee maker and more. If you're traveling on business, the hotel offers a convenient on-site business center and spacious meeting facilities. All guests are welcome to a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM in the lobby each morning. Property has limited parking spaces available.see less
Amenities & Services
Free Bright Side Breakfast
Free High-Speed Internet Access
Free Local Calls
Meeting Facilities Available
Pets are not allowed. This hotel is located in an area that does not accommodate pets.
Free Bright Side Breakfast®
Hot and cold cereal
Bread and muffins
All-you-can-drink coffee and juice
Additional Breakfast Items:
Otis Spunkmeyer Pastries
18,000 La Quinta Returns points for a free night stay.
Not a member? Join Now
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
Guest Room Amenities
Free wireless high-speed Internet access
Free high-speed Internet access in all rooms
Premium Cable Channels
Iron with Ironing Board
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
Most Recent Reviews:
""La quinta categorķa?""
Reviewed Jun 17, 2013
Elizabeth H | Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Okay... where to start? I guess I'll start by the good things, since there are fewer of those.
- The beds were comfortable and the sheets had no stains.
- Room and bathroom were a decent size.
- The room we were in was reasonably silent (not facing the street).
- Wi-fi worked reasonably well (a bit slow at times, but never went down).
- The price was okay and the hotel is located near two metro stations.
Now for the not so good part:
- when we arrived (I was travelling with family members), my mother's credit card had been charged for two days already even though we hadn't even checked in.
- They didn't accept global travelling cards because "we simply cannot accept cards with no name on them" which means we had to pay in cash and cash is non-refundable. We had TEN minutes to check the room to see if we wanted it. After that, no money back was possible. Considering that it was raining, we didn't have that much of a choice.
- At least one of the people at the front desk was extremely unhelpful and rather rude.
- The have very few hangers in the closets so if you have need of more than 4 or 5, take your own! The drawers in the dresser might stick a bit. There is no safe in the room.
- The door key went bad and we had to get replacements. Apparently that is not a rare occurrence.
- The carpet in the hallway and in the room was rather dirty. Seems as though the vacuum cleaner doesn't do much for it. Air conditioner filter was filthy.
- Your room might be cleaned any time between 10 am and 5 pm but at least it is cleaned daily.
- They do not provide shower caps or other toiletries that are normally given at hotels or at least available upon request. The only toiletries that you get in the room are soap (okay), shampoo/conditioner (not that good quality) and a small moisturizer (reasonable). The bathtub drains are bad so water accumulates around your feet when taking a shower. To get the showerhead to work, I had to ask for a demonstration at the front desk (they actually have a faucet model down there to show you how it works...).
- The hairdryer provided was bad so we had to get one at the front desk.
- Breakfast is mostly carbohydrate-based with bagels, donuts, three varieties of breakfast cereal and a few kinds of bread. The eggs are powdered and the sausage didn't look that good. The only fruit available is bananas and those are more green than ripe. Orange juice tastes like cheap Sunny Delight. Coffee machine is okay. There is absolutely no variety in breakfast with the same things being served every day. Breakfast room is TINY and you have to wait to sit if you don't get there early enough. Good thing there's a McDonalds nearby...
- There is no elevator in the Lobby. The entrance is a half-floor between floors one and two so you either go up or down a short flight of stairs to get to the elevator (there's only one, by the way so sometimes it might take a while). There is an awkward lift for luggage that goes between the lobby and the 2nd floor.
In all, the hotel fell way short of the advertising and I would only stay there again if there were no better choices nearby.
This hotel surprised us. We were wanting to save money and yet not resort to a Motel 6 type of place. The people who operate this La Quinta location are so friendly and helpful. We had never been to New York before and they always gave us suggestions and help with the taxi or train.
The rooms were clean and well kept and the ladies who clean them are hard workers. The breakfast and coffee in the mornings is an added plus. It's not a top rated breakfast, but it's included in the price and was always neatly laid out with several options to choose from.
I personally want to thank the owners/managers of this hotel for all they did for us. And I also want to apologize for the other visitors who don't even have the good common sense or integrity to pick up after themselves when they're done eating. I was ashamed to see how ungrateful people can be and rude towards others. The people who work in the hotel business are in a hard industry and not one that receives many compliments. I'm grateful to this staff.
Giovanna & Norma
Nice hotel located around 15 mins away from the main sites in Manhattan.Felt safe walking back at night. Good value for money however new york state tax is added on top of advertised price. Clean and spacious rooms.
Have stayed here twice last year, was reasonably satisfied given the location and price in new york area. Stayed a night by redeeming the reward points and paying $60 since I don't have that many points. Was hoping to try The Verve but as always no room was available even booking 2 months ahead
We took a red eye flight into JFK so after breakfast we drop by the hotel to try our luck if we can check in but no chance as told the hotel was full. Then we came back again at 1pm and the room was still not available for another hour or so.
One of the lights in the bathroom was not working, we called the front desk at least twice but it never get fixed even at check out time. The room with a king bed was really small with little space to move about after the luggage. There was no microwave in the room and the cord for the coffee maker is so short that it almost toppled over with the wrongly placed power socket. Given a choice I would look elsewhere next time in NYC.
Don't get me wrong, the location of this hotel is amazing. It is two blocks away from the train station for the 7 train. It is perfect if you are staying out late, and coming back without being scared. However, the hotel needs to work on its service.
Let me start with the room. Usually, when you enter a hotel room, I know the air is on otherwise it is too stuffy. We got the room in the basement floor, and the air was not on. Result? A stuffy room in which you cannot even open the windows. I don't think the cleaning crew vacuumed the carpet properly because I could see things on the floor, which we didn't put. It was there when we arrived. It was too late when we checked for me to go and complain to the front desk.
Next morning, breakfast. Again basement floor. The layout is cramped. I am not an interior designer but I can definitely put together a layout which won't create immense crowding. The breakfast options are very little. Yes, I know it is a complimentary breakfast, but I have seen better. They do not restock the food items if they run out. Overall, I regretted going to the breakfast area in the morning.
Would not be recommending or coming back to this place. It is a shame considering the amazing location.
Long Island City, NY
Local Time: 2:09 AM (Eastern)
Local Temperature: 63.8°F 5-day Forecast
Whether you're traveling on business, a leisure getaway, or a family vacation, La Quinta has the right hotel accommodations for you. Take advantage of free Internet access, free breakfast, and comfy beds offered at La Quinta Inns & Suites. You'll find the best rates online, the widest variety of room options, the most reliable hotel info, and more on LQ.com.
Thank you for considering La Quinta Inns & Suites for your hotel travel plans!